Saturday, June 22, 2019

Really?!

Biked with my son again today.  We forgot to return a micro cache we found last weekend in Glencoe.  So a return to the scene of the crime was our first stop.

Then we pedaled through Glencoe to the Chicago Botanic Garden (CBG). Too many times I have witnessed motorists veering out of their lanes due to their texting or whatever. With that in mind I have been mostly biking on the sidewalk if I am moving at a leisurely pace. At this stage of my life I just want my rides to be as stress free as possible. So not having to worry about each and every car coming up behind me is a part of that.  However, I was almost struck by a young driver pulling out of his driveway. But along Dundee I scared the be-jabbers out of a woman we approached from behind despite ringing my Incredibell.

At the CBG we witnessed a turtle laying eggs in a nest at the grounds of the Regenstein Fruit and Vegetable Garden.  The area of her (at the risk of being gender binary) nest was closed off to let her lay in peace.

In order to restore our bodies' to their proper levels of carbohydrates and fats we decided to bike to Graeter's in Winnetka for ice cream. Staying on the sidewalk we slowed or veered well away from any pedestrians.  Along Green Bay Road in Glencoe I heard some guy shouting at us as he came up to us from behind.  I couldn't completely understand his braying but he definitely took exception to our biking on the sidewalk. I was expecting him to be tricked out in all sorts of biking gear, apparel, and lights but as he came abreast he was in street clothes on a mountain bike minus a helmet (WTF?). If that wasn't odd enough he biked in the center of the south bound lane forcing cars to pass in the median or in the path of oncoming traffic. What a total tool.

As we approached Graeter's, aforementioned tool was stopped at a light.  I was hoping to receive more of his wisdom but the light changed before we could catch up.  He continued south on Green Bay trailed by a line of bogged down cars.

I replenished with a scoop of Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip.

No comments: