Monday, May 07, 2007

I'm back

Despite biking pretty regularly I have not been very inspired to write. With the improvement in the weather I’ve found myself preferring to go out in the yard with my kids or go on long walks with my family rather than pecking out my usual blather at the computer. But from memory I’ve hit the road with the following results:

April 20, 2007: Biked home from work. Apparently I made it safely. I vaguely remember tailing a chilly guy for a good while.

Distance Traveled: 24.3 miles
Distance to date: 2529.8 miles
Price of gas: $3.16

April 21, 2007: Biked to Sears School in Kenilworth via the Green Bay Trail with my sons; #1 son on his 2nd hand Huffy sans training wheels and #2 son still hanging out in the Co-Pilot carrier.

Distance Traveled: 5.4 miles
Distance to date: 2535.2 miles
Price of gas: $3.16

April 22, 2007: Biked to the Chicago Botanical Gardens with my wife and sons via the North Branch Trail.

Distance Traveled: 9.7 miles
Distance to date: 2544.9 miles
Price of gas: $3.16

April 23, 2007: With southerly winds at over 20 mph this morning I decided to take the train to work. I would have biked home in headwinds of this magnitude. Having a very busy work day ahead of me I opted to bail on the bike ride in since I didn’t want to be dragging all morning.

Distance Traveled: 0.0 miles
Distance to date: 2544.9 miles
Price of gas: $3.16

April 30, 2007: A work week primarily away from the office kept me off my bike. Hauled the bike back to work and had a nice bike ride home.

Distance Traveled: 24.3 miles
Distance to date: 2569.2 miles
Price of gas: $3.23

May 1, 2007: Came upon a couple on their Co-Motion tandem. I might have seen them on the Lakefront Trail before. They kept a killer pace and we switched taking the lead a couple of times. They were great to draft off of until I guess the cross streets and slight inclines wore them down. At about Fullerton they faded. Lots of fast bicyclists this morning.

Distance Traveled: 24.3 miles
Distance to date: 2593.5 miles
Price of gas: $3.23

May 4, 2007: Light breezes and sunny. I spied a road bicyclist ahead of me just north of Ohio Street Beach. It took me until Diversey to finally catch up to the young lady as she biked quite quickly. I said hi as I passed but either she wasn’t feeling very friendly or I didn’t hear her reply.

Distance Traveled: 24.3 miles
Distance to date: 2617.8 miles
Price of gas: $3.43

May 6, 2007: Biked with sons to Hill Road along the North Branch Trail.

Distance Traveled: 6.7 miles
Distance to date: 2624.5 miles
Price of gas: $3.43

May 7, 2007: Clear and in the 50s with 8 mph winds right in my face. The winds were beginning to really bother me until around Belmont Harbor when I guess I just started to get use to them. My wrist is finally starting to get back to normal. It is still a little stiff but I no longer find myself babying it much.

Distance Traveled: 24.3 miles
Distance to date: 2648.8 miles
Price of gas: $3.43

No comments: