Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Like A Man Possessed

I biked like I was on fire this afternoon. I don't think there was a tailwind but then again maybe there was. Either way I was burning up the Lakefront Trail. Maybe it was the big cheese burger and fries I had for lunch at Leona's on Taylor Street. I usually eat bird food during the day (for budget reasons mainly) and perhaps my body isn't use to all that protein and carbohydrates in my system. I was averaging around 20 mph (fully loaded mind you) and zipping by guys training on racing bikes.

On Clark Street I think I managed to piss off some hillbilly driving a pickup truck. I passed him a number of times because he kept getting caught up in traffic. Finally at Howard he zoomed by me and passed two cars on the right using the parking lane just to make a statement. The guy must have been the most reckless driver I've seen in a while.

Distance Traveled: 24.3 miles
Distance to date: 2473.1 miles
Price of gas: $3.43

1 comment:

Russ Klettke said...

Nice to read blogs from fellow Chicago bike commuters.

Question: I seem to get incensed with horrible driving and people who litter. I generally refrain from doing this, but occasionally I just do a maniac burst meltdown thing on people who toss burning cigarettes out of cars or make left turns into my right of way with no signals and while talking on cell phones. It seems pointless to try to educate the world one idiot at a time, but I just can't help myself (and I feel kinda good afterward). Does anyone else do this too?