Friday, July 20, 2007

Bushwacker USA - Top Notch!

The good people at Bushwacker USA bike bags sent me a free replacement set of cords and hardware that attaches my pannier to the bike rack. They finally wore out after a number of years of hard service and I was using some small bungee cord instead. Terrific service in my opinion. Call them at 800-344-1256 and order a bike bag today!

Sunny and light winds. The usual routine except while biking in traffic up Clark Street I was passed by a big dude all tricked out in red Alberto's biking gear and Trek to match. Except for the beefy build, he was straight out of a bike catalog. I followed him for a few blocks until he was stopped at a red and I pulled up beside him. I said hello and was about to compliment him on his set up. But I got absolutely nothing in response. I looked over at him and he just looked straight ahead and totally ignored me. Oh kaaay. Unless he thought I was going to hit on him, I found his attitude very peculiar. Traffic let up so I pedaled ahead never to see him again.

Distance Traveled: 24.3 miles
Distance to date: 3350.2 miles
Price of gas: $3.51

No comments: