Thursday, July 19, 2007

More Biking With Mike

I puttered around this morning and started about 10 minutes later than I like. It wasn't until I got to the Green Bay Trail that I realized I left my two water bottles in the refrigerator back home. That didn't totally throw me off since I could get a drink along the Lakefront Trail. But I obviously prefer the convenience of having hydration at my finger tips. So in an effort to avoid getting too thirsty, I eased my pace a bit.

I was trucking along just fine through the North Shore and into Chicago when who sidles up beside me but Mike from the day before. Oh great! I thought. I'm gonna have to go fast now. But I handled it ok. We stopped at a fountain at the start of the Lakefront Trail so I could get a drink. After that we made pretty good time all the way downtown. Mike lead most of the way enabling me to draft behind him. I learned he parks at the Millennium Park bike station and walks up to the vicinity of the Hancock Building where he is an architect. Mike turned off south of Wacker and I was left to fend for myself.

Distance Traveled: 24.3 miles
Distance to date: 3325.9 miles
Price of gas: $3.51

No comments: