Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Dogged

It was hot and sunny this afternoon. Fortunately the flags outside the office hung listless; no stiff headwind today. Good thing too. As soon as I started north on the Lakeshore Path from the Field Museum I didn't seem to have my usual get up and go. I felt really heavy. I was passed by a member of the US Postal Service Team at Jackson but had absolutely no drive to chase him down. He eventually turned off at Navy Pier. Other than feeling like I was biking through molasses, the ride was terrific.

When I got home, my thighs felt all tingly and climbing stairs was more of chore. I usually go for a walk with my wife and sons after dinner. But I begged off and am going to go to bed early. I need a good nights sleep for my morning ride in. If my car wasn't at work I would take more time to recover. I could take a train in but I'm planning on taking it easy on my ride tomorrow.

Distance Traveled: 24.3 miles
Distance to date: 394.3 miles
Price of gas: $3.09

No comments: