Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Reflecty Gloves

Along with my fenders I bought some Lightweights reflective decals at Turin for $13. It was a package of 60 decals in a variety of sizes. I plastered my helmet with about a dozen and put a bunch all over my bike. They say you can iron them on to cloth so I put four on each of my gloves. Hopefully they will be very bright when I signal treacherous left turns. I'm not totally convinced they'll stick though. But they sure are bright. The above link doesn't provide much info about them but it does have a video of a bike that looks like it is on fire. They have a pack specifically for wheels (I figure that is what the video shows). I'd try them but I like the look of my black spokes. If I had unpainted spokes I'd be more likely to put them on as you can't really seem them during daylight.

As I drove down Roosevelt, I saw a huge plume of smoke up State Street. State was totally blocked off by fire trucks. I couldn't tell what was on fire from that distance but I've never seen so much smoke since the first Gulf War. I got a good whiff of the smoke once I passed Monroe along the Lakefront Trail.

Distance Traveled: 24.3 miles
Distance to date: 1074.8 miles
Price of gas: $2.43

No comments: