Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Dry Tuesday

Blasting south easterly winds provided an unwelcome surprise this afternoon. I had been expecting relatively mild conditions and instead I get bone shaking wind chill. But after about 10 minutes of hard riding it wasn’t an issue.

The Lakefront Trail was pretty dry and clear. The winds actually proved to be an ally giving me a boost of 1-3 mph. Winds from the lake created an obstacle course of rocky ice at the Oak Street curve. I chose to push my bike through a meandering path rather than chance crashing again. But soon it was clear again and I was on my way. Encountered another bicyclist headed north and we greeted each other as I passed by. Just south of Fullerton I encountered a long patch of ice where the winds off the lake coat the path. I wiped out earlier this year along this same stretch. I eased my way through it but will be mindful of it when I bike this way tomorrow.

The rest of my ride was the usual routine.

Distance Traveled: 24.3 miles
Distance to date: 2091.4 miles
Price of gas: $2.64

No comments: