Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Humid Hump Day

I got on the road at 6:00 am. The news said the temps were in the high 50s but it felt even warmer since it was pretty humid. My glasses were a little foggy and prevented me from seeing potholes and other hazards. So I just threw them in my shirt's back pocket.

My bike is still kind of screwed up. Despite giving it a good cleaning the night before, my chain still gets caught up. I think either my middle chainring is warped or it has a bad tooth. It was really, really annoying.

Other than that it was a very nice ride in. Since I didn't have to look out for puddles, ice, and snow I was able to really able to hammer down the Lakefront Trail despite a headwind. I managed to bike to work about 15 minutes faster than I did throughout the winter.

Once I got in I gave my chain another coat of White Lightning chain lube. It isn't as convenient to use as regular chain lube and doesn't do too well against rust but I really like that it is pretty clean. I'll keep using it for the time being and see how well it does through spring.

Distance Traveled: 24.3 miles
Distance to date: 2164.3 miles
Price of gas: $2.64

No comments: