Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving Eve

The bosses let everyone leave work early this afternoon so I hit the road at about 3:30 pm. It was partly sunny, temperatures in the 50s and about 10 mph winds from the south; perfect bicycling conditions for a northerly ride home.

I was really cruising this afternoon. The Lakefront Trail had a handful of people out enjoying the mild weather. I had to shout at three groups of people hogging the sidewalk between Jackson and Monroe. They obviously thought I was a nut. Oh well.

I really enjoyed my bike ride today. The tail wind enabled me to move at a nice clip and the daylight enabled me to enjoy what there is of the view. It didn't get really dark until about the last mile of my ride. I keep my headlamp lit when I'm in traffic no matter how bright it is though. Nothing like a retina full of searing photons to get a driver's attention.

Hopefully I'll find the time for a bit of bike maintenance before I return to work on Monday. I have to patch or replace my rear tire and adjust my derailleurs.

Distance Traveled: 24.3 miles
Distance to date: 1338.0 miles
Price of gas: $2.41

No comments: